At Countr, we want to hire engineers who are dedicated to creating user experiences that not only look great, but function beautifully. We’re looking for a Lead Engineer who has a fanatical focus on the user and the technical chops to roll up their sleeves and take ownership of major projects from conception to production release.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated with a strong interest in product development and has a deep understanding of web technologies. They not only write high-quality code, but also help other engineers do the same. They are a good team player who works across teams to get things done and understands what it takes to institute a culture of accountability, all while having fun.
As a partner you would have equity and competitive compensation.
What you'll be doing
- Design and build new features, both consumer and merchant facing, into the Countr platform from top to bottom.
- Work as part of an agile, multidisciplinary team. You bring your own unique skill set to the table and collaborate with others to ship extraordinary product.
- Code 75% of the time and build/manage a team of engineers 25% of the time.
- Develop web/mobile applications that align with business objectives.
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing clear, pragmatic code).
- Make architecture decisions that satisfy the performance and scalability requirements of the product.
- Design technical solutions that leverage multiple tools, languages, and APIs.
What skills do you need
- 5+ years of experience working on sophisticated, real-world web applications.
- Experience building highly interactive web applications, working up and down the stack.
- Strong understanding of database schema design.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices.
- Experience managing and motivating software engineers.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent).
Qualities we love
- Highly self-directed, with strong product design sense, desire to discover and fulfill the needs of users, and the motivation to continually iterate to find the best possible solution.
- Takes, “We’ve never done THAT before” as a personal challenge.
- Curiosity, awareness, resoluteness, and shares in the collective effort of the group.
- Enthusiastically supports and cooperates with others to develop effective solutions.
- Being able to see the big picture, but paying attention to the necessary details while striving for excellence and driving value.
- Health coverage
- Commuter benefits
- More benefits to come as the company grows