Junior UI Designer
You’ve been building your design chops over the last few years and paying your dues in the design world, but you are ready to grow and make a mark. You are someone who wants to drive an idea forward and take pixel perfect work through to the finish line.
We are looking for an energetic Junior Designer who’s ready to whip up fun, spunky visual work in a fast paced environment. He or she will design assets for both web and print, keep a consistent visual design language, and offer suggestions on how we can do better.
What you'll be doing
- Brainstorm, propose & design creative solutions that could bring our products to another level.
- Help design the UI architecture (High fidelity), interface, interaction workflows, wireframes, and mockups to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas through consideration of business requirements & technical limitations.
- Support UX leads/managers in creation of wireframes, high fidelity mockups production art assets.
- Develop and maintain detailed UI specifications and templates.
- Challenge us: show us how to visually improve graphic assets through better use of hierarchy, fonts, and color.
What skills do you need
- 1-2 years relevant UX/UI design experience — we’re a very small team and you’ll be able to grow along with us.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present to all levels within an organization.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI/UX trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Has an understanding of web technologies — HTML/CSS/JS, it’s important to know how the pieces fit together and what is/isn’t possible.
- Collaborates well with team members and looks forward to feedback.
- Experience in creating wireframes (preferably in Sketch), storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Design Software: Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
Qualities we love
- A passion for creating, and a focus on delivering amazing usable interfaces.
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask without frequent supervision and enjoy fast paced development cycles.
- Team player, demonstrates the ability to receive and apply feedback and input for direction as well as provide constructive feedback to others.
- A learning animal who wants to surround themselves with a team that is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Proven entrepreneurial spirit.
- Wants to have fun building something they really love.
- Health coverage
- Commuter benefits
- More benefits to come as the company grows