We’re looking for a Front-End Developer who is passionate about building products and is skilled at building leading-edge user experience and helps engineers and designers work together to create a unified vision for a successful product. You will be working on frameworks for building scalable frontend applications. The work is challenging, fast paced, and always changing, but you aren’t afraid of the unanswerable - instead you strive to push the envelope in what is possible across all devices.
With your strong design sensibilities and interest in delivering humane interfaces that redefine what user experience means, together we can make a huge impact on how people define online commerce.
What you'll be doing
- Define, solve, and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, experience, and optimization.
- Create and maintain well-documented, reusable, and transferrable JS/CSS libraries and components for reuse throughout our site.
- Design and build scalable framework for web applications.
- Work with designers to provide real-time validations on the technical feasibility of their designs and to transform Sketch files into beautiful, fast, customer-facing web pages.
- Contribute to testing and implementation approach for presentation layer standards and practices.
- Proactively test for cross-browser, cross-platform and cross-device compatibility and optimization.
What skills do you need
- BS in Computer Science or closely related degree.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in software development.
- Extensive knowledge of performance testing and front-end optimization principles and techniques.
- Basic knowledge of design principles, being able to maintain central theme and style, with interest in delivering human interfaces that are a pleasure to use.
- Web application development experience and experience working on cross-browser platforms.
- Knowledge of server-side principles and the relation to front-end development and delivery.
Qualities we love!
- A passion for creating, and a focus on delivering amazing usable interfaces.
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask without frequent supervision and enjoy fast paced development cycles.
- Wants to have fun building something they really love.
- Team player, demonstrates the ability to receive and apply feedback and input for direction as well as provide constructive feedback to others.
- A learning animal who wants to surround themselves with a team that is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Health coverage
- Commuter benefits
- More benefits to come as the company grows